Gerak has initiated a judicial review of ministerial accountability to ensure academic integrity in the country. In appointing a VC, the minister is required by s. 4A of AUKU to be advised by a special committee appointed for that purpose. There are procedures instituted by that committee and MOHE that ensures transparency and fairness. The new minister did not comply. Hence the action. You can read the details below. Please keep an eye out for this blog as we update you on the developments of this case.
In the meantime, we appeal to our readers to consider donating for this worthy cause as well as helping us to spread the word. Thank you.
GERAK JUDICIAL REVIEW DONATION DRIVE
Please donate via any of the following methods:
- Electronic Transfer/Online Banking
|Name of Account :||MALAYSIAN ACADEMIC MOVEMENT|
|Account No :||562339409309|
|Bank :||MAYBANK (Malayan Banking Berhad)|
|Branch :||Section 14, Petaling Jaya, Selangor|
|Swift Code :||MBBEMYKL|
* Kindly provide us with a copy of the deposit slip or any other form, as proof of donation, via any of the communication methods listed below.
- Via Cheque (by mail or Cheque Deposit Machine)
Cheque payable to: MALAYSIAN ACADEMIC MOVEMENT
* Kindly mail your cheque to the address below and kindly send us a copy of the deposit slip to any of the communication methods listed below.
- Official GERAK receipts will be issued to you once your donation is cleared or the bank transfer deposit verified. Should you require any further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
|Telephone:||016-6205242 (Call, WhatsApp, or Message)|
|Mailing address:||89, Jalan Athinahapan, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, |
6000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.